Wednesday 6 February 2008

Printer Dilema

Well after giving you the guided tour of Nice yesterday I have to say its a beautifull day here in Ilkley, hardly a cloud in the sky. Went out this morning to Costa Coffee at nine am for weekly meeting with my Webmaster KJ who looks after my photo sites. We usually discuss IT issues, websites and then all manner of things, one item was the possible purchase of a new printer. My existing HP printer is six or seven years old and has had several expensive replacement ink cartridges and its now due two more but it would seem to be more ecomical to buy a new printer so I persuaded KJ to accompany me to the computer shop next door ( very convenient ). With the help of the very knowledgable shop assistant we managed to cut the choice down to either a Canon or Epsom multipurpose printer ,scanner and copier both very ecomically priced at £49.99 each, finally I decided the Canon would suit very well, then I realised as access was required to the top of the printer/scanner and it was a much larger item than my printer the only place it would fit in my cramped office/bedroom was where the television resided. At this point I had to tell the assistant " I would think about it "so thats where we are, I want the printer but Idont want to move the TV out of my office, not that I'm a telly addict but its somtimes nice to have the company.
Just had lunch and watched thirty mins of Jesse James showing me how not to rob a bank, there you see where would I be without the telly.
Just looked out of the window, the sun still shining, very frustrating as most of the afternoon will be spent in front of the computer image editing, hope the weather continues to the weekend as I have some rugby to photograph on Saturday. Usually this time of year the weather for the rugby is cloudy, cold and light levels are getting very low towards the end of the game which means I have to make juggle various combinations of settings to the camera to get anything like an acceptable photo, did suggest to the lads they slowed the pace a little, much laughter.

No comments: