Tuesday 5 February 2008

Beach and Beers in Nice, Cote d'Azure


Well I think untill I get the hang of this were going to have a lot of ramblings so please be patient.


Think I will start with my age I am sixty one and just starting to creak a little, more so in the mornings getting out of bed, not quite as bad on Saturday and Sunday when the suns shining. 
Then I start to think about holidays, favourite place at the moment is Nice in the south of France. Been there a couple of times and have some good memories,the whole character of the place is fantastic, just to sit outside one of the little bars with a cold beer and the hot sun on your face watching the world go by ( thankyou Jet2 ). 
Yes its a wonderfull place as is the whole coastline in that area. Unfortunately only one drawback, the beach ! no sand gently sifting through your toes just lots and lots of pebbles, very painfull, though as you can see from the photos there are some advantages in going to the beach. 

A must to visit in Nice is the old part of the city with its winding narrow streets full of shops and bars and then more bars, must have spent many a happy hour there and even more time trying to find my way out after sampling the beers. 


Ah! fond memories, told you I was going to ramble didn't I.

No comments: